Saturday, April 26, 2008

Screeching HALT!

So that blogging roll I was on came to a screeching halt I guess! LOL The Ally Scraps Message Board got hacked and shut down for a week. I was a bit lost without my girls. We had lots of email chains going. Cathy and Austin went to work fast and got us a spiffy new board and thus we are all back together again this week.

I've been busy with transcriptions but I'm finally done with that also. Went to Tulsa and got my hair restored to its beautifully (although unnatural) shining blonde once again ;) Makes me HAPPY! And I've been gearing up for National Scrapbooking Day which is May 3rd! I should have a little RAK that day. Hmmm... Think I'll try to come up with something. I've been working on a 6x12 album and now I am doing a layout class using some cool journaling stamps from Hero Arts and then a chipboard flower mini album with some Daisy D's paper and embellies. I'm excited to finish it. Been using some cool old pics of Nana and Papa when they were young. Their story is such a great love story to me. High school sweethearts and all!

Hockey playoffs are underway and my favorite team, the Colorado Avalanche; along with my favorite player Chris Drury of the New York Rangers, have both advanced to the 2nd round. I've been out of the hockey loop for a while now. Don't find to many fans here in Kansas, so it's nice to be following them again even if it is via the internet.

Been working thru some personal emotional stuff too. It is funny how God works. I have to say that I truly love this journey of sobriety and spiritualality. I got this poem in my email this week and I can't wait to scrap it. AMAZING is all I can say:



CHRISTIANS

by Maya Angelou



'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain..
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's grace, somehow!




It is late and I'm off to bed. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment