Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Friday, March 26, 2010
So, Friday Fill-Ins
1. The right word ___is please__.
2. ____Turn off the light_____ and shut the door quietly, please.
3. Up ____side down your turnin' me_____.
4. ______On Twitter_______ is where you'll find me.
5. Ooh! What is that ______sparkly thing________?
6. ____Video scrapping with Twitter friends____ is a good idea.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to __See #6___, tomorrow my plans include __ Laundry & Scrapping___and Sunday, I want to ___go to AA & finish some projects__!
It's been an interesting week at my house. If you want to read about it click on the link to the right on my other blog Trudging The Road to Happy Destiny.
Hope you had a great Friday!
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
As always, there a rules for this award! And they are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. (THANK YOU, Laura & Gina! :)
2. Copy the award &; place it on your blog. CHECK!
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award. CHECK!
4. Share 7 interesting things about yourself.
* I was Cowtown Princess. I won by selling the most tickets to a 1/2 a beef drawing.
* I used to speed skate when I was a kid
* I love to play Mahjong
* I collect Virgin of Guadalupe's. The tackier the better!
* I love to take pictures
* I love nature but I'm not really an outdoorsy girl
* I like to go to cheesy tourist traps for the picture and the laughs
5. Nominate 7 bloggers.
And here's some eye candy that I did over the weekend for a crop at Scrapperie. Used some sketches and some challenges and got some lo's done. Still a couple more to finish too.
And that's it for tonight. Hope you're having a great week so far.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Instructions: The post is a list of 99 random things. Bold the ones that you yourself have done.
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower (I think?)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to DisneyWorld
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling — snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started your own business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (I was a girl scout. :)
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Thursday, March 11, 2010
That's all for today. Need to hope in the shower to go to a luncheon. Hopefully my new computer will be here today as well!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
I did my first scrapbook for my mom. Someone gave her a boxed kit and I did it during a blizzard in Denver. I realize though that I've always made little photo books and scrapping related stuff.
Gosh that's a hard one for me. I'd say Nana because I'd want her to know that I loved her although I know she already knows that. If not Nana then def my friend Keith.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
So all this talk about the moon started with the full moon that was Sunday night and my Full Moon Dreamboard that I did in conjunction with Jamie Ridler's blog. I don't really know what all the images represent to me. Of course some are just representational and some are suggestive and the words are inspiring. I bet your wondering why I put "wear cute underwear" on the dream board! That is mostly about my happiness project that I am working on with a group of Twitter girls and not saving the cute underwear for the best date kind of thing or vacation or whatever. Today is as good a day as any right? And also you never know what might happen so be prepared for anything. I'd really like to take this Soul Reflections class before the next full moon but we will see how that goes. It's definitely on my list.