Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's been awhile!

So I've been a lazy blogger. I've actually tried to blog the pictures below several times (twice) but first they had to edited and then they had to be made the right size for the web and well I'm a big procrastinator of editing. I started the New Year doing what I love: Scrapping with my girlfriends. It was several days of scrappy goodness with a crop at our lss. I also got the privilege of meeting another online friend IRL. My friend Patti from the Allyscraps forum made a trip thru town with her husband and we scrapped a couple of days away while getting to know each other. Her and her husband Dave were tons of fun and I'm looking forward to seeing them again in April at the Allyscraps crop in Indiana and then in May when Patti joins me for NSD here in Independence. And if meeting someone that you meet online that lives in Florida isn't enough of a story maybe this will be. Patti's uncle was president of the rival bank my dad worked at in Baxter Springs when I was a kid before he died. Then come to find out her cousin now lives in Galena, Kansas but used to live in Baxter and knew my mom. Probably me too but I'm not always so good with remembering. lol So, just goes to show you that you never know who you'll meet and how many degrees of seperation there are between you!

I have lots of lo's to share but I'll start with the ones I did at the very begining of the year:
A LO about some general goals I have for the year and life in general.


Instead of New Years Resolutions I did a lo about what I was thankful for.


My cover page for my Month in Review Album that I am doing over at Tallyscrappers.


These are the pics of Patti and I. I did some creative cropping (well not that creative! lol).
Day 1 ~ Scrapping at my local scrapbook store Chasing Rainbows.




Day 2 ~ After scrappin' at my house.



So I decided that this was going to be the LAST New Years that I was chunky, fluffy, cushioned, fat, overweight or obese. So several of the girls from my local scrappy click and I are doing the 6 week body makeover. I started 10 days ago and I've already lost 13 pounds and I haven't even started exercising yet. It's no salt, no oil, no sugar. Eat 6 times a day (I only get in 5) and exercise 4 times a week for 30 minutes. Oh and lots of water which isn't a problem. I'm noticing a little heightened anxiety on my part. Not sure how much of that is my anxiety disorder and how much of that is hunger or how much of that is not eating when stressed. I've never probably eaten 'normal' with 3 square meals a day. High school started the day with a Dr. Pepper and a Reese's cup. Saturday morning cleaning always ended with chips and soda. Dip was an entree at my house and when you were hungry you got in the car. I'm lucky that I have the time to focus on losing weight and that is what I'm going to do! I must do this for my health, but more importantly I must do this for my psyche. I'm seeing signs of when I ate and why. Especially since I stopped drinking. But I made a decision. A decision that it was time and that I was going to do it. I'm going to treat soda like alcohol because just one time will lead to cravings for more I know. I'm really focusing on portion control. So far so good. I don't really feel like I am missing out on anything yet, and when I do I will probably have a taste but I don't have to eat the whole thing. I actually ate 3 Hershey's Kisses and didn't want for more (well after a few minutes). More initial reaction was to sit down and eat the bag, but I didn't. I walked away. So this time is going to the time that I lose the weight. It's time. It's time to move forward and change some more bad habits.

1 comment: