Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

So it's here. 2009. Goodbye 2008! I've heard a lot of people around me say a VERY happy goodbye to 2008 but I thought it was a decent year. No major problems, at least for myself or in my family. I got another year sober. Nana was in the hospital, but only for a week and is as good as new. I think I progressed in my spirituality. Grew as a person. Challenged myself. Overcame some emotional obstacles. Reconnected with some old friends and made plenty of new ones. Traveled to California for my first trip to Sacramento and San Francisco. Read 24 books! Had a LOT of laughs and also a few tears. I'm healthy. I'm happy. Life is good. I'm sure this year will bring it's own sets of challenges. Every year does. Every day does. But I've got someone on my side and I know HE won't give me anything I can't handle.
So enough with the serious stuff. Wanna see something funny? Take a look at these pictures from Christmas at the Springers. Christy invited me out to eat with her family on Christmas night and the food is always delicious and an excellent reason to go besides the always fun conversation. Well I wasn't expecting presents but a sneaky Santa had left a little something under the tree out there for me. My present was wrapped in the nicest of bows,which I immediately decided to wear as a hair ribbon ala Nellie on Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House on the Prairie. Santa brought me this way cool makeup bag with skulls and a thermal cup with my initial filled with peanut M&M's.

Christy's mom and boyfriend got her this snuggly hunting hat. Doesn't she remind you of Elmer Fudd a little bit? LOL



Never one to miss a photo opportunity, especially one with hats or costumes, Christy rounded up these sexy Christmas glasses and reindeer antlers for us to model.

And who can wear antlers without a little Reindeer Games???



So Christmas at the Springers was TONS of fun and I'm REALLY glad she invited me. Now here are a couple of lo's I did as the GDT at Allyscraps to wrap up the month. I had a great time and it has been my home in the computer for a little more than a year. The girls there are great and Cathy has a big heart (and a sarcastic sense of humor ;) ). What more is there to love?
Make Memories. My mom, sister and I on Christmas at Nana's house 1995. Alison was home from Indonesia that year and I was attending my first year at University of Tulsa.


Seasons Greetings! My sissy and I on Christmas at Nana's 1974

So this was suppose to be my last post of 2008 but I was a little late starting. I've got more pics to edit from my families Christmas that I will try to share later. I'm spending the next few days scrappin' the new year away so I should have lots of new things to show soon. Hope you all had a safe and wonderful New Years Eve and may all your wishes come true in 2009!

4 comments:

  1. fun photos!!!
    so glad to see you over at Serendipity!

    ellen {sillygirl}

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous layouts! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are SUH-WEET pictures of you and Christy!! Heck, I wanna scrap those pictures!!These layouts turned out beautifully... glad I could be there to see the creative process. Its like seeing magic in the making... so does that make you the witch with the good brew then?! See ya soon lovey!!

    ReplyDelete