Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wolf Moon

This year I'm participating in Jamie Ridler Studios online Dreamboard circle. If you've never heard about a dream board you can read more about them HERE. It's kinda like a vision board but made in the power of the full moon.  Last nights full moon was the Wolf Moon. Here's what Wikipedia had to say about that:

The Wolf Moon is a full moon that occurs in January. Its name comes from hungry wolf packs that would howl outside the villages of Native Americans. This full moon is also known as the Old Moon or the Moon After Yule.
Full Moon names date back to Native Americans, of what is now the northern and eastern United States. The tribes kept track of the seasons by giving distinctive names to each recurring full Moon. Their names were applied to the entire month in which each occurred. There was some variation in the Moon names, but in general, the same ones were current throughout the Algonquin tribes from New England to Lake Superior. European settlers followed that custom and created some of their own names. Since the lunar month is roughly 29.5 days long on the average, the full Moon dates shift from year to year.

I'm loving learning more about the moon names as well! So here is my Dreamboard. Some of my images are blatant and some of them are representative. Some I just liked and felt they needed to be on there. I pulled LOTS of images and words but these are the things that spoke to me for this month.
 
  
  
Looking forward to seeing what this month and moon brings. I'm sure it will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment