Tuesday, November 4, 2008

An Important Day In History!



Did you vote today? I did! I take my right to vote as a great honor. It wasn't that long ago that women weren't allowed to vote in the United States and in some countries people aren't allowed to vote at all. I don't care WHO you voted for, just that you voted!
No matter who wins tonight, it will be a very important moment in history. We will either have our first black President or our first female Vice President. How is that for breaking the glass ceiling? It's really quite exciting. My grandmother is almost 95 years old (next February) and in her life she has seen many, many things. I asked her if she ever thought she would live to see the day that an African-American or a female would be part of a winning Presidential team? Well, of course she said NO! She said there had been lots of things she thought she would never see: talking movies, television, a man on the moon. Those things happened years and years ago too. She doesn't really understand computers or cell phones or mp3 players. It just reminds me that the future is full of infinite possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. Right up there with you, Susan! I am so excited to witness the barriers that will be broken. I do care who wins, but either are making history like no one has done yet. Congrats to you for everything scrappy, but especially for your 3 years. I am so proud of you!! Even though you may have "messed up" in the past, you are now such an inspiration to ME!

    ReplyDelete