Saturday, November 1, 2008

YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, good news! First, today is my 3 year Sobriety Birthday. Yep! I've been Alcohol/Drug/Cigarette free for 3 years today!

Second, I got my first Guest Design Team position! Allyscraps hosted a month long challenge for Allyscraps Next Top Scrapper. It was fun times! We had weekly challenges and then weekly mini challenges and played lots of games and meet new people and chatted a LOT! Two ladies, Mary and Tracy tied for first in the points section and then 4 of us got asked to be Guest Designers for the months of December and January. Here are the layouts I did with a description of the challenges below.

Kary started the challenges off with a bling challenge. She asked us to use at least 2 types of bling and some paint. I painted my chipboard and then added some doodlebug glitter. I used some Glitz Frosting around my picture, MM glitter letter stickers, Glittered Thickers, Stickles on my skully's bow and the glittered pink chipboard hearts. The pic is my friend Lori and I. Her birthday is 2 days before mine.


Queeen B.O.B. ~ This layout started out as a joke because of a joke on the AS message board. We (Kary, Callie, Nicci, Ann and I) had a lot of fun making fun of Queen BOB and what it could stand for. We weren't near as cleaver as some of our mb sisters were, that is for sure! LOL We decided it meant "Bitch Off Booze" for me and "Bitch ON Booze" for Nicci. My blingy things are the glittered chipboard hearts and stars and Stickles on my letters.



These 2 layouts were for Deb's sketch challenge. We got extra points for turning the the sketch in a new direction and also for using different fonts in our title.

Holidays are about Family: My sister, cousins and me Christmas 1991 I believe.



Christmas Memories: Some pics from Christmas 1966, just a few weeks before I was born! My mom doesn't even look pregnant in that picture to me.




Trish challenge was ALL about color! She showed us a list of fashionable fall colors and we need to use those colors, or shades of those colors, plus black and white. We got extra points for using a 4th color and also adding ribbon, bling and a journaling spot.

All hail the SSK! Scrappy Serial Killers. Like there could be such a thing! LOL



That's me on my first Christmas!




Morag's challenge was to use accesories in a new way. You got extra points for using something hand-made and using something in fashion. For my first lo I used a cluster of embellies with my home-made item being the Yo-Yo Flowers I made from fabric. I customized my chipboard and houndstooth is always popular for fall fashions. In the second lo I used purple as my fashion item. They say it is a hot color for fall! I customized my chipboard again and I also used some purple silk Yo-You flowers that I made. It really says 'Family History' but I thought the r part was a fallen dot on the i and I moved it! lol

Scrapn' Angels: Callie, me and Kary doing our Charlie's Angels pose with our scrappy tools at the end of the crop at Scrapbook Expo. Fun times!



Family History: That is my Great grandfather (Papa Faye), my grandmother (Nana) and her mother, my great grandmother (Maude) Sitting in their Sunday best.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your birthday! That is quite an accomplishment. Great layouts too.

    -karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those layouts! You are so talented lady!!
    So...when are you coming back to CA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layouts. Yeah I spent days trying to guess what bob was!

    ReplyDelete