Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We DID!



America has nominated their first African-American President of the United States. I voted for him because I thought he was the right person to vote for. The right vote for change. He won not because he is black, but because the American people wanted change. I believe Americans spoke in volumes last night with one of the highest number of votes ever cast in a presidential election and the most young people voting. The youth of America certainly Rocked the VOTE! I felt the magnitude of this moment in time, this moment in history. I cried for the fact that his grandmother didn't live just a little bit longer to actually see her grandson make history, although I believe in my heart she saw it from above. I can not begin to imagine the pride that blacks feel this day. It truly shows that you can be whatever you want to be despite race. I've never seen so many people gathered together to celebrate a President. I felt so much pride. Proud to be an American. Pride in my candidate winning. Hope in the future. It's an exciting time for our country, but there is long hard work ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Fabulous!!!!!!! So true!!!! Thx for your comment girly it meant allot!
    So do tell.. You do Hair? I didn't know that! I used to work in that Industry... And I still have no plans for the 21st! LOL probably going solo.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete