Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New AdThis Challenge and a bit of Survivor

So we had a great turnout for our first week at Ad This. This weeks ad was posted on Monday and below you will find my interpretation of the ad. Our twist this week was to add fabric to our layout so I stitched some along with some ribbons. If your looking for some inspiration then go on over and check out the other girls layouts and start creating. You could be this weeks winner and our next Guest Designer!





So over at Tallyscrappers I've been participating in Survivor each week. So far we have had 7 weeks and it has been tons of fun. And some of these challenges have been REALLY challenging, but in the end I've found a way to meet the requirements. It's fun to see others interpretation of the requirements also. Here is the first 7 weeks in reverse order.

This past week was all about creating a vintage look. We had to follow this tutorial by Tim Holtz. We also had to use a poem, either written by ourselves or someone else and frame our picture in some way. I love this poem by EE Cummings and knew I had to use for my grandparents. I got nothing on Mr. Holtz either! LOL



Week 6's challenge was to scrap our family and to cut flowers from pp to use on the layout in some way. As soon as I heard the challenge I knew I would use this Pink Paisley pp that I had been hording for a while now. Had to scrap about my scrappy family too!


Week 5 we were challenged to use leaves, pictures matted on white and look like a photostrip that tells a story, and journaling in our own handwriting incorporating numbers.


Week 4 was inspired by a album cover. We could pick our own album and since I love me some Gwen Stafani I couldn't wait to do this layout! The title of "Queen B.O.B." came from a joke over at Allyscraps and some rowdiness in Sacramento at Kary's house! Fun TIMES!


Week 3 we were challenged to do a double page layout. We also had a sketch to go by and were required to use a calender page, wings, the date on the bottom right, multiple photos, and layer the title of "Everyday Life". I actually took the pics last fall but had never scrapped them.


Week 2 challenge was to use raw chipboard, the word Journey somewhere on the lo; Multiple fonts in our title.


This was our first challenge. We had to do it like Sassafrass Lass so I decided to use some SL paper. We were challenged to use a paper pieced tree; 3 photos; and owl, deer, hedgehog or mushroom; at least one stitched edge and we had to use "Life is Beautiful" for our title.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! you have been busy!! I love all your new pages they are fantastic!! Sorry I have not been around much lately, life got busy on me.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete