Sunday, December 19, 2010

Can I be trusted?

December 17 – Lesson Learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?

I think my biggest lesson I learned this year was to trust my gut, trust myself. I’ve been responsible for Nana almost since the beginning of getting sober and while I’ve definitely been irresponsible at times where she was concerned, I mostly did a good job. But what would I be like out there on my own? Would I become self-will run riot all over again or would I be looking to follow God’s will? Would I continue to do what was necessary to stay sober or fall back into old patterns? Could I trust myself to try to do the next right thing? I doubted if I could trust myself. But the thing that is different about me now, besides being sober, is I’m not doing this alone. In fact I’m not really in charge. Someone or something much bigger is and as long as I let Him lead the way then all will be good. My gut knows what the next right thing is because He’s guiding it, not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment